- Hawaii UCC supports foster children through outreach program
Project Visitation relies on community volunteers, like the First United Protestant Church UCC in Hilo, Hawaii, to help organize visits for siblings separated by the foster care system and provide safe locations for the visits.
- UCC members appear on Huffington Post’s most inspiring LGBT religious leaders list
Four United Church of Christ ministers appear on the Huffington Post’s list of “Most Inspiring LGBT Religious Leaders.
- UCC announces leadership changes to Church Building and Loan Fund
A new leadership model and staff transitions will take place within the United Church of Christ’s Church Building and Loan Fund at the start of October in an effort to expand how the fund benefits UCC congregations.
- UCC officers stand with fired GM workers in Colombia
The national leaders of the United Church of Christ are showing solidarity with and support for a group of injured automobile workers staging a hunger strike in Colombia to protest unfair labor practices.
- Commentary: La Mesa UCC’s Welcome Home Ministries fills a void
On Sept. 9, the United Church of Christ of La Mesa (Calif.) welcomed home one of its own – Thomas Skinner and his service dog, Scrubs. Tom had recently returned from a cross-country bicycle ride to raise awareness about post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
- Virginia church luau honors Hawaiian senator in a spirit of multiculturalism
In a celebration of a relationship that goes back centuries, Hope Church UCC in Alexandria, VA hosted a luau on Saturday, in an evening of feasting and fellowship complete with Hawaiian food, music and dance and most important, an esteemed guest of honor.